Monday, May 26, 2014

What to Wear: Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day! Since everyone seems to be headed to a cookout, bbq, party, or parade today, I thought I'd put together a few outfit suggestions in case you are at an utter loss (like me) over what to wear.

While this post is specifically for Memorial Day, most of these outfits can carry you through all your summer soirees. Side note: I am very new to Polyvore, so I'm not too sure of how these look but I'm working on trying out new things for the blog!

1. Nautical
I've seen a lot of red, white and blue looks for Memorial Day so here is my take on it, with two different options for shoes. Since summer means outdoor parties, heels or fancy flats don't always mix with grass, so sometimes a classic pair of Converse can complete your outfit (switch the pearls for something a little less dressy if you go with Converse).


Nautical





2. Tropical
This outfit is pretty much all J. Crew, but I love all the bright colors and patterns, especially paired with a white tank and metallic sandals to pull it all together. If you haven't noticed, I'm a fan of maybe overdoing it when it comes to accessories and bright colors, but you can't stop me! If you're scared of 'too much,' skip the statement necklace and swap the earrings for a pair of studs to tone things down.

J. Crew






3. Blue Lilly
I love a good Lilly dress for the summer! This ensemble is pretty much all my favorite things put together, and has all the preppy essentials- Lilly, monograms, pearls, Jacks, and a classic Tory. I definitely plan on recreating looks like this all summer with my Lilly dresses!

Blue Lilly




4. Get Wild
I am in LOVE with this skirt, and the crazy, 3-D print and wild colors are something you can only wear during the summer. 



5. Red White and Lilly
I'm a sucker for a cute phone case, especially if it matches my outfit! I have certainly been accused of being too 'matchy-matchy' but my obsession is still going strong. I love this toned-down Lilly dress paired with the jelly Jack Rogers sandals to keep everything casual. 

Red White and Lilly




I hope you enjoyed this little fashion post! If you want to see more outfit suggestions for any occasion, let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment