Friday, May 9, 2014

Time for Tea

As I mentioned in my last post, I haven't explored enough of Long Island. So, I set out with the usual crew to the Bayard Cutting Arboretum. We all piled into my little bug and went east for our High Tea reservations. 

The Arboretum is the former home of New York millionaire William Bayard Cutting, and is now a state park. The entire estate is gorgeous, and features gardens, house tours, a view of the Connetquot River, and high tea. 



Our tower of pastries. You work your way from top to bottom; scones, sandwiches, and desert, as well as unlimited pots of tea! I personally went with the Moroccan Madness. 







Outfit details: Dress, Urban Outfitters. Coat, H&M. Heels, Guess. Rainboots (pictured later), Coach. Bag, Coach. Bracelets, J. Crew Factory, Charming Charlie, vintage. 







"Hey Amanda, turn around and look cute!"


I deserved that one. 



Rowers on the Connetquot River.



After seeing that we were only barred from the lake by this small fence, Lydia jokingly shouted, "Ashley, go jump in the lake!" 

So I did! In my dress and trench coat, but armed with my wellies, I hopped the little fence and scampered down the rocks, doing my best not to slip and fall. 


I shouted, "Do it for the blog!!" several times at this point. 






Time to pose for a picture when I'm not ankle-deep in a lake. 



"This looks like a tree from a movie." 

I'd like this a summer house please and thank you. 



Until next time, Bayard! We will definitely be back in the fall!

Also, check out this cute GIF that Google+ automatically for me!! I had never seen this before (I didn't even know Google did this!), but I checked and I have 2 other gifs they made for me out of my photos that look similar! So cool!

Stay tuned, I'll hopefully be updating more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment