Thursday, October 2, 2014

October

I'm writing this while snuggled into bed, wearing a sweater, listening to She and Him, and waiting for the rain while I enjoy my new 'Sweater Weather' scented Wallflower- not a bad start to October! September is supposed to be the 'beginning' of fall (except in Texas where it doesn't cool down until November!), but here in New York we've had a crazy Indian summer- I definitely did not bring enough summery clothes for this!

However, when October arrived yesterday it came in full force, with chilly temps, clouds, and a little drizzle. I'm not really one of those girls who is completely and utterly obsessed with fall, mostly because I know that fall just means winter is coming (that Game of Thrones reference is for you, Kenz). Before I can even pull out all of my sweaters, Long Island dumps some snow onto us and goes and ruins my fall!

But I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts! Fall, after all, means apple picking, #pumpkinspiceeverything, flannel, riding boots, and new sweaters. I may or may not have purchased 3 different kinds of pumpkin-flavored yogurt at Target along with a pumpkin spice latte....speaking of which, if you're looking for a less-pumpkin-ish, lower-calorie PSL, Summer Wind has the perfect latte hack (trust me, it makes it even better!).

Fall is a pretty great season, I'll admit. I do love how everyone gets so excited, and it seems like every social media site and blog is full of autumn-themed posts with pumpkins, Starbucks, and Hunter boots galore. So while I may complain that the weather is finally turning colder and we'll soon be buried under snow, I'm going to enjoy the season while it lasts, down a few more lattes, and cuddle into my new fall clothes. I hope everyone has a fantastic fall!

p.s. this sweater is actually from the men's section of Forever 21 and it's amazing- definitely my new favorite sweater for the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment