Saturday, May 25, 2013

Summer 2013- Newsweek and The Daily Beast

While most of my friends will be laying by the pool or jetting off on vacation, I'm spending my summer in NYC interning at Newsweek and The Daily Beast. This is an incredible opportunity, and I can't wait to start in a little over a week!

I didn't really apply for this internship in the traditional sense. Over my winter break I was bored, and decided to find a summer internship. I found an ad for a social media internship at Newsweek, but there wasn't a lot of information. So, using my social media skills, I sent a tweet to Newsweek asking about the position. They responded with the e-mail address of their social media editor. I sent him a quick e-mail, followed by my resume, and within a few weeks I was in their New York office for an interview. About half an hour later, I had an internship.

I always thought I would start with a few small internships and then work my way up. Instead, I'm practically starting at the top with Newsweek.

I'm so excited to have such an amazing internship, and I definitely don't mind spending my summer in an office. I'll be at a world-renowned news organization, working in NYC, and gaining invaluable experience for my career.

Most of my posts for the next two months will probably be about my job, i.e. what I do on a typical day, what my job entails, etc. I'll post about other things, but this will most likely turn into an internship blog!

I hope you all keep reading, and welcome to all my new readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment