Sunday, June 30, 2013

Internship Update

As usual, I've been neglecting this blog since I started working. But, I wanted to write a little about my internship so far- I had planned to update weekly, and hopefully I can be a little more diligent with this blog from now on (then again, that's what I always say).

For starters, I already have two articles up on Women in the World, and a third one on the way. I can't believe I'm already published as a first-time intern! I also made the Dean's List at Hofstra, which is such an honor and I'm glad my hard work paid off this semester.

I only have two weeks left at Newsweek, and I don't want to leave. I love being in a newsroom and working with real professionals in my chosen career. I definitely love journalism, and I know this is the place for me. This is such an exciting summer with so many important stories developing, and such a perfect time to be interning.

I'm already looking forward to the fall when I can hopefully start another internship. I'm currently looking/applying, so fingers crossed for something as amazing as Newsweek!

My third article should be running sometime later this week, and I'll post it here. For now, here is a link to my story on the business of being a sugar baby, and here's my story on how the business world is changing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment