Friday, April 19, 2013

Birthday in NYC

Friday was my 19th birthday, and Saturday I headed into the city with my suitemate Blaine for a beautiful day in NYC. We hit up the NHL store (where I finally got a Crosby shirt!), Shake Shack (a must in NYC), Pinkberry, and then wandered through Chelsea to reach the Highline Park. The Highline, which runs from Gansevoort Street up to 30th street, is a walkway made from a reclaimed elevated railroad track. The weather was perfect, and the whole day reminded me why I love living in New York.


The IAC building, where Newsweek is housed, viewed from Highline Park. This will be my home for the summer!


People resting on the steps in front of a glass observation window that overlooks the street below.


Yoga on the steps.


In between the buildings, way out in the Hudson, you can see the Statue of Liberty.


Blaine and I.







A couple taking their engagement photos on the Highline.


Sometimes I'm allowed to take touristy photos.


The vegetation on the Highline is inspired by the plants that had overtaken the railway before it was converted into a park.

No comments:

Post a Comment